8.04.2011

Honor and Respect

She was- still is- my sister.  She's still on my mind Every.Freaking.Day. and I miss her like crazy Every.Freaking.Day.

I'm not verbal about it.  I don't feel I need to be.  I can honor her in other ways, I can respect her memory in other ways.  I do not need to dwell on the same worn memories.

On June 3, 2005, when asked by a local news reporter how I felt about Brit being at graduation with us, I responded: "I am so damn proud of her."

That feeling still stands.  She was- still is- my rock.  Our graduation class had some people in it who did not deserve to grace that stage.  She came to ONE DAY of senior year, and still passed every.single.class.  She spent majority of that year in the damned hospital.  I'm ashamed to admit, I did not visit nearly as often as I should have.  I still have guilt over that.  I know she understood, but I should have worked harder to see her.  After all, she worked her ass off to see us on Graduation Day...

I'm rambling.  Sorry.  And starting to see red.  I should probably take a step back now and gather my thoughts again.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I watched our Graduation DVD this year and saw what you said, and I agree with you! I could not have been prouder to have her there with the rest of us! That is still my favoirte day of senior year, even if it is bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete